Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A Lot on Our Minds

Palm Desert was nice. I didn't bring my camera, so sorry, no pics. It was one of those times when I wanted to focus on having fun and not worrying about taking the right picture. It was a great time. We ate at a nice restaurant, layed by the pool and just plain caught up with eachother! It was nice to hang out with old friends.

I am officially back to work starting tomorrow morning! The kids start on Monday, but we have a bunch of meetings and inservices first. Fun. I spent Monday at work in my classroom for most of the day, then went and visited with Landree's future pediatrician. It was a weird experience for me. It was like I was frozen. I didn't know what questions to ask (even though they have been in my head forever), I didn't write anything down, and all I wanted to do was get out of there! Finally, they charged me a huge chunk of money just for the doctor to look over her paperwork with very limited information in it and to write me some prescriptions for China that ended up costing eighty bucks. It sucks that because Landree isn't physically here in the states, my insurance covers nothing. Had I been pregnant, it would have been a different story. I'm sorry, but it's not fair. Yeah, yeah, life isn't fair-believe me-when it comes to this, I've learned my lesson. All I want to do is go get her and bring her home. This way, I can say, "See? She does exist! Now will you treat me like a real future Mother?" Ok, I'll step down now from the ol' soapbox. Back to work. Trying to get ready for a new school year is CARAYZEE when you are trying to plan a trip to China at the same time. Speaking of China...

we are waiting for Travel Approval from the CCAA. If we don't hear anything by the end of this week or early next week, chances are we may have to wait until November. National holidays and trade fairs in October make airfare and hotel fees skyrocket apparently, and our agency won't send us during this month. Right now though, I'm feeling pretty positive that we will travel sometime around mid-September.

I'm also still working on Landree's room! Since my last shower, it looks like Babies R Us exploded in there! (It's actually quite awesome). Also, I was washing some of Landree's smaller clothes and getting them ready. I still have to put most of everything away!

So, with work starting tomorrow, my posts will be less frequent, but keep checking in! As soon as we hear about travel approvals, we will let you know!

2 comments:

Amyesq said...

OMG I didn't know you went to see the Dr. on Monday. I was there, too! (Still smarting from the giant chunk of change I had to dish out) Still very exciting.

Have fun at work, at least it'll take your mind off the wait for TA, which looks like it will be here very soon....

Many Paths Converging Into One Family said...

Congrats on your referral and impending adoption. She looks well fed! We just arrived home with our own little miss. www.asisterforgabeandjulian.blogspot.com

Emily gave me your blog address. Congrats again.

Colette in Ventura