Monday, March 15, 2010

Chinese New Year '10





Happy Year of the Tiger! Ok, I can hardly believe it has been a month-and-a-half since our last post! Time is flying by so fast and we are so busy! I had been looking forward to our Families with Children from China's New Year Celebration for two reasons: I couldn't wait to show off our new son and also, because I was able to buy really great silk outfits for both Gavin and Landree! Anyway, I wrote the date down wrong on the calendar. Luckily, my good friend called and told me it was that day! We threw our clothes on and made the long drive down just in time for the lion dance. Phew! We missed most of the party, but at least we got to go!

Both kids were unsure of the lions, but once I was able to point out there was a man inside, they were ok (and a little relieved). I had to put the "lai-see" (lucky money) inside, but that's alright.

The kids are doing great. Gavin asks TONS of questions about everything. He speaks only English and refuses to speak any Mandarin. :( He is happy ALL OF THE TIME. It just amazes us how he just wants to fit in and be excited about everything. His dental surgery is finally scheduled for April 21st. I CANNOT WAIT. The poor kid has got to be uncomfortable, although he assures me he isn't. He is scheduled for another echocardiogram in April, and hopefully we can schedule his heart surgery at that time.

Landree is doing better at daycare. She has finally figured out that "Miss Laurie" is going to tell me everything she does and so, she thinks twice.:) She is getting so big! She is only half an inch shorter than Gavin. She is our little nature collector. She can spend all day in the backyard just picking at stuff. She loves looking for seeds, rocks, etc.

Dan and I are doing ok. Just keeping up with the grind and I'm counting the days until Spring Break. Until then...

1 comment:

Jenny said...

It looks like you guys had an awesome time at the New Years Celebration. The kids are getting do big and I really like Gavin's spikey hair.

Jenny