Friday, January 29, 2010

Yummy Cupcakes



All of us attended a birthday party at the neighbor's house down the street. As you can see, the kids actually sat down for five minutes to eat a cupcake. I love these pictures!

I also just wanted to update everyone on what's going on with Gavin. FINALLY, he is scheduled for an initial consult/x-ray appointment with the dentist who will do the work on his teeth in the hospital. Pardon the pun, but it has been like "pulling teeth" to get this far with everything. The insurance issue was just unbelievable. Anyway, we finally have the ball rolling at least. Hopefully, the major work will be done soon and we can move forward. We are hoping to have his open-heart surgery sometime in late June. In the meantime, healthwise, he is hanging in there and is doing pretty good. He is learning English so fast, it just blows me away. He likes to try out new phrases too. His latest favorite is, "I don't know." It is always followed by the most mischeivious little smile too.

Landree is doing good too. She is getting so tall so fast. Right now, we think she has figured out that Gavin isn't going back, so she is acting out a bit. She loves to hoard her toys and hide them from her brother. She has been in trouble at daycare a bit too-mostly from not sharing with her brother.

Otherwise, we are slowly but surely adjusting. It hasn't been the easiest, but it does get better everyday. We are lucky to have two such beautiful children!

Oh, and by the way, I already have to sign Gavin up for Kindergarten next year already! Kinder packets are ready on Monday. Crazy that I have to think about that already.

Hope all is well with everyone. Thanks for following along!

2 comments:

Jenni Heath said...

So cute! Love the frosting faces :) Glad to hear that the medical stuff is finally happening. I will tell Donovan to help Landree out with the sharing~ he will give her some tips on dealing with BIG brothers. Hugs, The Heath Gang

MykesLinh said...

Glad to hear things are moving along for Gavin! Love that the kids are doing great!!!!