Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year!


This egg thing is pretty cool.

On the merry-go-round and she didn't like it!


Ok, so technically we didn't spend New Year's Day at the Wild Animal Park. It was actually the weekend after Christmas with Brad & Taunya. As usual, we had a great time.

I can hardly believe 2008 is now here. Both Danny and I are really looking forward to all this year may bring. We have a daughter to celebrate Valentine's Day, St. Patty's day, Easter, Summer, Saturday, Sunday, well-you know what I mean. With that being said, Landree started daycare today. Sigh. Big sigh. She only went for an hour-and-a-half. Tomorrow she will go a little longer and all day on Friday. I hope this will help her transition even if it's just a little bit. I'm sure it's much harder on me. The guilt is just unbelievable. I know that it's better in the long run though. And hey! I didn't even cry. Probably because Danny was with me saying, "You'll be back in an hour-and-a-half." Always the reality check, that Danny. What would I do with out him?

Landree is showing so much progress. She has taken quite a few steps, but only between Danny and I . She's still a little hesitant about letting go of the furniture, but we can tell she really wants to. It's funny because she'll let go, then slowly sit down on her hind end.

She does a few tricks too (ha ha). If you say, "Landree, where's your tongue?" She totally sticks out her tongue! I know, great manners I'm teaching our child, right? She just learned how to blow kisses too. She waves "hello" and "bye-bye" and is still playing peek-a-boo. And let me tell you, this kid LOVES music. She hears anything and starts bouncing. Loves to dance. She also loves songs and her recent favorite is "The itsy-bitsy spider."

We absolutely are head-over-heels in love with this kid. Thanks for reading along as I brag incessantly about her! Hope you and your family and friends have a very happy new year!

4 comments:

ba_joker said...

Now that Landree is starting to walk, it won't be long before she's getting into everything. I think Alyssa is beginning to think her new name is "Noooooo!". Alyssa has also got the waving thing down. She's making new friends all the time when we go out to eat. Of course, it's really hard to feed her when she's turned around 180 degrees in her high chair to see what's going on at the table behind us. The pics of Landree are too cute.

........Alan, Shawn, & Alyssa

Mrs. Uyeda said...

She'll be cruising around the house before you know it...watch out! We miss you guys!!! Let's get together very soon! Happy New Year!

Amyesq said...

Walking - how exciting! And scary! Here's to going back to work next week. I am too. And daycare *sob*

RoLo said...

wishing you a wonderful 2008