
Last Thursday, the CCAA updated their site to let us all know they got through October 13th! I think that's a pretty good chunk of dates and pretty much is consistent with what they've been doing. This leaves us with 35 log in days to get through before they get to ours. I can't believe that's just a little over a calendar month...wow. I'm praying for a picture end of April or beginning of May. The sooner the better. When we finally get to see her little face for the first time, we won't travel to China until around 5-8 weeks later! (Talk about torture)! I want as much time with her as possible before the beginning of the school year starts. We'll see what happens with that. A lot of people have been asking me, "Are you going to stay home with Landree or work part-time?" Unfortunately folks, I have to be a working Mommy. I would love to be able to have the option of adopting again, and seeing as how it is quite costly, I can't afford to stay home. Then there are a whole lot of other reasons as well. Medical benefits, retirement benefits, etc. I know, I know, it's all worth it to be able to stay home with your child, blah blah blah. But, like I said, we have to pay thousands of dollars to have a family, so, I'll be working. The good thing is I LOVE MY JOB. I still say, after seven years in this profession, that I have the best job in the world. Whenever I'm having a crappy day, some little one in my class says something totally hilarious like, "Mrs. Stewart, when are you going to China to buy your baby?"
We are still working on the nursery. Danny just ordered a book shelf from Pottery Barn Kids. It's so cool. It's what I call a "plate rack" book shelf. You can see the titles of the books, which I really like. When it comes in, we can hang it up and put the finishing touches on the rest of the room. Pictures coming soon, I promise!
No comments:
Post a Comment