I have never been so ready to go back to work. Tomorrow is the first day of the school year with my new students. Now I hopefully can stop obsessing (yeah right) so much on this adoption. So, the latest batch of referrals came in and it isn't good. (Except of course for the families that were matched). The CCAA matched families with log-in dates up to July 22nd. (Remember, we are November 17th). That's a whole nine days worth folks. Last time I believe they did about fifteen or so.
The CCAA updated their website today and that wasn't good for us either. Technically, we are still in Review. UGH! I'm so confused-our agency says we are finished with review, but the CCAA's website tells us we're not. At the same time, we keep hearing of possible new regulations that will qualify or disqualify you from adopting. For example, any health issues, lower incomes, college degrees, weight requirements, age, etc. For now, of course, the giant one we're petrified of is the health issue. Yes, I know I keep bringing this up, but the latest rumor is that the CCAA may be thinking of going retroactive on those new requirements. That means whether or not we are through the Review Room doesn't matter at all.
So, here's my plan: dive back into work and keep myself as busy as possible. That's what I've been doing for the past seven and a half years anyway. Hopefully it will still work.
Sunday, August 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment