Monday, August 14, 2006

A Beautiful Sunday Afternoon

Yesterday we got a little taste of what it must be like to have a daughter from China. We spent the afternoon at FCC's (Families With Children from China) Summer Picnic. There were so many adorable little ones! At one point in the day, we were standing around talking to a whole group of people, when all of a sudden, out of the blue, this adorable little girl (probably about two and a half) ran up to Dan and wrapped her arms around his legs! (As it turns out, Dan was dressed almost exactly like her Daddy, so she was a little confused). I have to tell you, seeing that brought tears to my eyes! I think that was the universe's little way of telling us to hang in there, it will happen.

Still no word though on what's happening with our paperwork. We still know we are out of the Review Room, but haven't heard anything yet about being in the Matching Room. With the wait increasing like it has been and continues to do so, we will most likely have to re-do our paperwork for USCIS (homeland security). Our FBI clearance expires in October, so Dan and I have appointments this Wednesday to get them redone. Sometimes they take awhile to clear and I want to take as few days off as possible this school year, so we're re-doing them now. Yay.

I still remember a long time ago, when we were in the thick of the paperchase, a friend of mine at work told me I was going through the easy part. (She adopted about four years ago from China). "You have no idea," she said, "The wait is the hardest part." I thought to myself, "How can the wait be harder than the paperwork? At least I can use the time to get the nursery ready, save money, etc." Boy, was she right! The wait is the hardest part because it is so unknown.

That is why events like yesterday's picnic help so much. One of these days, it will be us!

3 comments:

Shannon and Dan said...

Yeah...no kidding! We have to remember so many these days...

Thanks for posting a comment. It's nice to know I'm not typing for nothing, ha ha!

Shannon and Dan said...

Thanks Linh! We're hangin' in there!

Shannon and Dan said...

Sounds good!