Thursday, July 02, 2009

LOA!!!! We officially have a son!!



It is with great relief that I can finally say it's official! Our agency called today to tell us that they have received our LOA (Letter of Acceptance or LSC-Letter Seeking Confirmation) from China! Yay!

So, let me introduce you to Lu, Junfan-
Soon to be Gavin James Junfan Stewart! Dan chose his name. He has always loved the name "Gavin" (me too). "James" is my Dad's name and also the name of Dan's oldest brother. We are keeping "Junfan" as a middle name.
As I've mentioned before, he is living in the Beijing Children's Welfare Institute and he will turn four on July 21st.

So, now here we are. We have to get another INS approval (not sure how long that will take) and the next step is receiving our TA (travel approval) from China. So, when do we travel? I'm still thinking beginning of September, but you just never know.

We sure are excited over here! This means my stapling issue wasn't really an issue after all! Phew!

9 comments:

Jo-Ann said...

He is so cute!

KHM said...

Whew

So very happy for you 3! soon to be 4.

Unknown said...

Congrats! What agency are you using? He's adorable!
Kelly

Melissa, Ryan, Everest and Kingston said...

Not sure how I stumbled on your blog (RQ?) but was so excited to see your little one is from Beijing. We are waiting for our LOA for our soon to be 4 year old in Beijing. Good luck to you on your journey!

ba_joker said...

Congratulations! He's a real cutie. We'll miss all of you in Atlanta next week, but look forward to following your trip to China for Gavin. I'm glad the "staple incident" wasn't a problem. I'm not sure why it's such a big deal, but figure if I took some time to practice, I could line up those two little holes and put a staple in them.

........Alan

Mrs. Uyeda said...

OMG... just saw your FB posts today!!! We are so excited over here!!! I'll try to call you this week to get the scoop. Congrats!!!

Kevin, Jake and Violet said...

He is such a cute boy!

Congratulations! Hope everything else goes quickly.

Kevin, Violet and Jake

Stephanie said...

Yeah! Almost!!

Adrian Roberta said...

So happy for you, I can't wait to read your (hopefully) soon posting "TA!!!"

~Roberta
http://berzenji.blogspot.com/