Sunday, November 09, 2008

Here We Go Again!


Yes, you read that right-"little" sister! We are beyond excited! This is a long story, so we will give the condensed version. We are in the process of adopting a three-year-old-boy from China. I am not allowed to post pictures or give specifics until we get our LOA (Letter of Acceptance from China). Seeing as how we were Pre-Approved (PA) Wednesday before last, we have been drowning in a sea of paperwork! Getting the paperwork finished and off to China will take several months. Then, we have to wait for China to give us our LOA and then we wait for TA after that (Travel Approval). We are praying for sometime next spring, but you all know how that goes.

I will tell you, he is the cutest little boy I've ever seen. He turned three in July and he's living in Beijing. He was born with a congenital heart defect, so we will be dealing with a lot when we bring him home. We requested his file several months ago and brought it with us to the pediatric cardiologist at Children's Hospital. Although his condition isn't common, the cardiologist has seen it before and is looking forward to working with us. Like I said, our heads are spinning with as fast as we are trying to get this paperwork done. Wish us luck!

3 comments:

KHM said...

Wow - how great for you

Congratulations - and hang on to your patience.

Here is to speedy paperwork.

Anonymous said...

Wow!! How exciting. Good luck and I hope you don't have to wait as long this time. Can't wait to see a picture. Do you have a name yet??

Kevin, Jake and Violet said...

Wow! Congratulations, that is great news!

You will love having a boy. We do. Our little guy is doing so well. We're coming up on a month since we've been home.

Kevin and Violet