Thursday, April 12, 2007

Spring Break





While I was enjoying a lovely vacation visiting my parents, I found out the CCAA only matched two days worth of LID's. Needless to say, I'm devastated. I'm not sure how much more of this I can take, but I continue to hang in there. As Dan says, "There's nothing we can do about it, so why worry about it?" That's my new motto my friends.

In the meantime, I really did have a nice vacation. My parents kept me very busy as you can see by the pictures. My Dad took me to a few hiking trails and some historical sights. The first picture is of the old Burwell Schoolhouse. I look at that and then think about where I teach today and realize how lucky I am! The beautiful house is "Ayr Mount." It was named after an area in Scotland. We were able to tour the inside. Beautiful! The nice lady who gave us the tour used to play in the house as a young girl. Boy did she have some stories. The last picture of the farmhouse is the "Bennitt" house. This was my favorite. For those who know me well, you know I have an interest in just about anything that has to do with the Civil War. This was where the last treaty to end the civil war was signed by Sherman and Johnston. It just doesn't get any better than that.

The last picture is of my Dad's famous "Beer Can Chicken." Yum! This is what we had for Easter dinner. Other than that, my Mom and I did lots of shopping and visiting. It went fast.

1 comment:

MykesLinh said...

The sights are gorgeous! Glad you had fun! =)
You'll have to steal your dad's recipe! His grilling looks great!