What a great day. Can you believe it's finally my turn to register? I could hardly believe it myself as I was walking around with that little gun in my hand. My friend Gina offered to help me register (Thanks Gina)! I gladly took her up on it, especially since she knows what I'll need and what I won't. Gina has been home with Lily now for a year and was able to give me some pretty awesome advice. She also brought her camera and took these great shots! (Dang it-where in the world is my lipstick)?
We were in BabiesRUs for several hours, but I'm telling you, to me, it felt like five minutes. Ya know the 'ol saying, "Time Flies When You're Having Fun?" Yeah, well, that was me. I had the best time ever. Thanks again Gina (and Matt too for letting me borrow his wife for a few hours).
On another note, we got an email today from our agency letting us know the protocol for when we actually get our referral. This must mean we are getting closer! Anyway, when referrals are on their way from the CCAA (Chinese Center of Adoption Affairs) we will get an email letting us know to expect a call in 5-7 days. When our agency actually has the referrals, we get the official "call." They will give us her name, what it means, her date of birth, what province and orphanage she is in and her health status. They will also email her picture that day too! A few days later, we will receive a FedEx package with the rest of her information in it. Then we have to send back to our agency a letter of acceptance. Once this reaches China, they review it, and send back a Travel Approval. Everyone tells me after that, things go very fast. Bring it on, I say!
No comments:
Post a Comment