Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Best-case Scenario is Dead

Well, haven't posted in awhile, because unfortunately, there wasn't much going on. The Stork Alert email came in today and they got through half of July with referrals. This sounds like great news, (of course it is for those families who were logged in on those days), but mathematically, it is only half of the dossiers they did last month. Sigh. I can hardly take this any more.

Here is what we think happened: OF COURSE, the CCAA moved buildings this month. It is said that they moved from a four-story building to a ten-story building. We hope this move was the reason for the slow down, so they will pick up speed again now that the move is over.

So, for all of you asking the question, "When will you go to China?" our best case scenario is dead. It is very, highly unlikely that we will get a referral in November. With the numbers the way they are now, and the CCAA continues to match children the same way they have been, we are now looking at next Spring. It just keeps getting longer and longer.

I just want to say to all of my friends and family, I am so sorry if you feel you have been brought into this emotional rollercoaster. We want so badly to give you some GOOD news. When we finally decided to adopt, we felt a huge weight lift off our shoulders. Now the weight is so heavy, I feel like I'm being crushed underneath it.

On a lighter note, my Mom is coming to visit for ten days on Friday. She is coming from North Carolina. I can hardly wait. It will be nice to keep my mind busy with shopping, visiting, etc. and not obsessing on the adoption. Once her visit is over, I plan to dive back into work again. My job is a true godsend. I don't know what I would do without it!

I will post again if I hear some better news! The Places Everyone email we usually get around the fourth will probably be later than usual because of the move as well. I will be shocked if we are out of the Review Room. Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments: