Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Great Wall










This was a really long day. Just to let you all know, we never once did anything in the order that it was listed on our itinerary. This kind of turned out to be a good thing. It was Dan's last day and the entire week he was there was spent doing paperwork. So, I was very happy when the day before, our guide told us we were doing the Great Wall, Jade Factory and Cloissonne factory all on this last day! It was a long, very busy day. Gavin was exhausted by the end of it. It was a beautiful day and we got a lot of great pictures. I love how the fall colors are starting to show! Needless to say, because I had to carry Gavin (he got too winded and believe it or not, he didn't know how to climb steps yet) so we didn't climb the wall too far this time. 

That night ended up being the hardest of the entire trip. Gavin bonded with Danny pretty quick. When he had to say goodbye to him that night, it was awful. He went completely stiff and wouldn't look at anyone. I didn't want Dan to leave either! I'm sure Gavin picked up on my emotions too. By the time he and I made it back up to our room, he totally broke down and wailed for a few hours. It finally stopped when he cried himself to sleep. It was horrible! Funny though, the next day he woke up happy and in a fine mood. It's like he got it all out of his system. Thank goodness!

4 comments:

ba_joker said...

It's sad to hear about all the crying when Dan left. But, I'll bet when he reunited with Dan again, it was priceless.

Gretchen said...

I love the picture of Gavin with his Daddy. It was good to see pictures of him. What a sweet boy!

I am just now trying to get back to blogging. I can't wait to continue to follow your family!

Matt and Jenny said...

I can't imagine how difficult the day Dan had to leave was for you both. Thanks for sharing more of your trip.

Jenny

Matt and Jenny said...

I can't image how difficult it was when Dan had to leave. Thanks for sharing more of your trip.

Jenny