I can't believe it's been so long since I posted last! It has just been crazy busy around here since we got our TA. Dan and I have been so busy at work, trying to make sure everything is in order before we go. Like I said in the last post, we leave October 15th, which happens to be parent conferences! So, all month, I'm doing parent conferences before and after school to make sure they get done! It's gonna be plain nuts. We've also been doing a bunch of little projects around the house. Dan's been working on wiring for electrical in our backyard, putting up a ceiling fan in the patio cover and other odds and ends. I cleaned out our master closet, the linen cabinet in our bathroom and the laundry room cabinets. Next weekend, I'm scrubbing my house spotless. At least that's the plan for now. I pretty much have everything we need to take with us, so most of our shopping is done. Just need to put it all in the suitcase.
So, we leave Oct. 15th and arrive in Beijing at 5:30 the 17th. (They are ahead of us by a day).
We actually meet Gavin on Sunday, the 18th-a day earlier than we thought!
19th-Paperwork (does it ever end)?
20th-Shopping for children and TB test
21st-Beijing Zoo (we are going to see if we can pass on this)
22nd-Beihai Park and Dan leaves to go home that night
23rd-More paperwork
24th-Great Wall
25th-Free day
26th-Forbidden City and Tian An Men Square
27th-Lama Temple
28th-Summer Palace
29th-Hongqiao market
30th-Fly to Guangzhou and do Gavin's Medical Checkup
31st-Chen Family Temple
November 1st-Yuntai Park
2nd-4th-American Consulate appointments
5th-Come home!
We are both starting to get really excited-we can't wait!
4 comments:
We're gonna skip out on some of our Excursions awell (-:
~Roberta
How exciting. It's getting close. Can't wait to follow along in China.
Hi Shannon and Dan!
I just wanted to say hello as I think we are going to be in the same travel group! I saw your blog listed on the Rumor Queen and realized that you are the other family on our itinerary! Can't wait to meet you both in China and get our boys!
Allison Dinger
http://redthreadtoaiden.blogspot.com/
Allison! I was wondering if we would be able to get in touch somehow before we get there! I'm so excited to go and finally do this! Who are you going to China with? You can email me at brassie559@yahoo.com. Can't wait. I have five workdays left and then we are off!
Post a Comment