Sunday, November 26, 2006

Sorry-it's been awhile!

Yeah, I guess you could say I've been a little busy. The month of November is always crazy for us teachers. We have major testing, report cards and finally parent conferences. By the end of those conferences, I was wiped out. Thank God they are over!

I had the whole week of Thanksgiving off. Our nieces, Elizabeth and Kristine, stayed with us for the whole week while Robert and Marie were relaxing in Vegas. Let me tell you, there wasn't much down time. The week was spent shopping, and being crafty. I actually got quite a bit of scrapbooking done while the girls made a whole bunch of greeting cards. They also helped me out in my classroom by moving the kid's desks and taking stuff down off of the walls. On Thanksgiving, we all decided to go to the Wild Animal Park. It was such a nice day. It wasn't crowded and the weather was perfect! Danny and I really appreciated getting to spend that much time with our lovely neices.

As for the adoption, there are some wild rumors floating around. The big one is that this next batch might just include all of September. Now even though I will just believe it when I see it, it's not impossible. September happens to be a pretty small month. I think I have mentioned before that October and November are MONSTER months. It would be so nice if they did do the whole month, then the CCAA could start chunking away at October.

To give you an idea of how this works, right now the CCAA has matched up to August 25th. Once again, we are November 17th. So, right now, that is 84 days the CCAA has to get through to match us. If they were to do all of September, that would cut it to 48 days. Wouldn't that be nice? However, our agency only has people logged in on September 12th. I would also be happy if the next batch at least included that date. To make a long story short, I would be able to cross off several log-in dates on the list. In other words, we would still be movin' on up! The next batch should come out some time this week, if not early next week. I'm really excited to see what progress they have made. I'll let you know next time I post!

No comments: