Sunday, June 18, 2006

Adopting from China!

If you had asked me a year ago, maybe even six months ago if I would ever have a blog, I would have laughed out loud. Very loud. Anyway, finally decided to do it, if only so family and friends could be up to date. Up to date on what? Well...yes, we are adopting a baby girl from China. If the wait wasn't so darn long, we would have been matched with her by now and I would never have had time to create this blog. I probably wouldn't even know what a blog was.

So, here we are. My husband Dan and I are waiting for Landree. Our paperwork was logged in with the CCAA (Chinese Center of Adoption Affairs) on November 17th. When we started this process, we were told it would be a six month wait from the time our paperwork was logged in. Well, as most of you know, the wait is now twelve months-best case scenario. This means we would be lucky to have a referral (when we are matched with our daughter) in November, traveling by the end of January '07. Sigh.

With that said, we are still very excited. We know it's early, but we bought a crib and a dresser. The crib is still in the box though. I have a conference this week (I'm on vacation for the summer), so we plan on doing the nursery after that. Hopefully, I will post pictures soon!

2 comments:

Shannon and Dan said...

Thanks Dad Stewart!

Shannon and Dan said...

Thanks Diane...me too! You should see all of the clothes hanging in the closet already. Oh boy.